Monday, June 21, 2010

Semester 2 Reflections Part Deux

My generation is entering a new world of fast-paced, constantly changing situations. We are different from generations past because of new, different technology and developments. This is both a wonderful and hindering thing. On the one hand, we have discovered and are utilizing digital ways of communicating and staying connected to everything in our lives. On the other hand, we are becoming less and less able to communicate face to face. The biggest challenge of my generation will be to learn to communicate both verbally and digitally, without allowing the isolated digital conversations to dominate our lives.

This brings me to the contribution of my generation. We are going to be tasked with creating new methods of communication that will blend the two types together seamlessly. We are also going to be responsible for cleaning our planet up and keeping it around for a while. Through our heightened communication skills, we can bring everyone together to keep Earth healthy.

I am not a highly motivated person, so what I’m typing here sounds daunting. However, many of my classmates are, and that is admirable. I would love to be more motivated, I just don’t really know how to get that way. However, by realizing what challenges I face as a young adult in the new decade, I feel as though motivating myself will be easier than ever

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home