Monday, June 14, 2010

Literary Reflections

There are plenty of novels with great characters in them, but when it comes to picking just one there’s no question. The one literary character I would take with me would have to be Jay Gatsby. He would make a great companion because he is rich enough to provide me with a comfortable lifestyle while trying to work my way through an overpriced four-year college. Heck, he could just pay for my entire college education. And as for Gatsby as a roommate? No question. He throws the best parties, meaning every day could be Chico State, no matter where I go. So not only am I basically getting a free education by keeping company with him, I can take a break from the drudgery whenever I want.

Gatsby is also the ultimate charmer, with “one of those rare smiles with a quality of eternal reassurance in it”. In other words, there would be no problem having Gatsby make friends with my professors in order to keep in good standing and ensure good grades on papers. Because of this, I would easily graduate and quickly be on my way to a high-paying job, where I might one day have enough money to properly repay Gatsby for all of his help.

Through his immense wealth and great people skills, college would be a breeze with Gatsby around. Now I just have to devise a plan to keep his bootlegger friends out of my dorm…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home