Thursday, June 17, 2010

Semester 2 Reflections

Let me start off with a mistake I made this year: underestimating the difficulty of certain projects, and, to get more specific, the difficulty of my Media Saves the Beach project. Not only did it take a grand total of 22 hours to complete, it was exponentially more difficult than I had imagined. Getting the drawings finished was only half the battle—making them look good was what would win me the war. Unfortunately, I was gunned down by lack of sleep and overall apathy toward the project near the end. This led to an undesirable grade on the project. However, such an experience taught me to look at long-term projects differently, and start them earlier to avoid an MSB recap.

So, naturally, I found the MSB project to be the most valuable to my education. After that project I really buckled down on future projects and was able to create higher quality work. I was able to turn my failure into success! But it really highlighted my fault, which revolves around structure. When I have specific standards to meet, I can do very well and usually surpass those standards (I think…). But, in the case of MSB, where the standards weren’t clearly defined, I floundered. My one true weakness in terms of project-based learning is lack of structure, and from my understanding it seems to be a lot of peoples’ true weakness as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home