Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Another critique of another professional example

http://news.webshots.com/photo/1333692643055389201SDMvtI?vhost=news

I chose this picture because it is an incredibly detailed drawing of an ocean liner. While that may not be 100% related to this project, it was definitely very inspiring to me to make my art look good. Though in my pictures I take a sort of "Tim Burton" influnce and try to bend and twist the rules of reality, this picture shows me that the artwork isn't all about the feel. It has to look good, too. I'm still working on that part...

As far as what I like, it's all in the shading. I'm not at all good at shading and lighting, so seeing something like this gives me hope and acts a great example of what I want to do.

(picture wouldn't cooperate so there's the link.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home