Monday, September 14, 2009

Blog Assignment #6: American Icons Reflection 1

I feel like I put forth my best effort in the writing for this assignment. Although much of it had to be cut to fulfill the one-page limit, it still captured the essence of what I was trying to say. I worked hard to make my sentences concerts, which I think worked pretty well. Overall, it made the writing flow more because there weren't a bunch of superfluous words, like that one that I just used.

For me, another draft would just be overkill. I put a lot of effort into making the piece good on the first draft, so that by the second draft I could just go in and edit punctuation and organization. The amount of drafts we did have was already a bit too much for me. Like I said, I put all of my effort into that first draft to make life easier near the end.

This sentence captures the meaning behind my essay pretty well.

"You have to be a person who doesn’t worry about what others think of you or your food choices to enjoy [a hot dog] properly."

It stands out because it really just punches you in the face with my intentions. I'm trying to show how I'm an individual because I do what I like, even if it isn't the popular choice. I mean, just doing a poll in the class found that most kids thought i was crazy for liking hot dogs. This sentence deifnitely gets the feel of my essay across smoothly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home